Saturday, April 9, 2011

My first OBG appointment

March 25th was my first doctor's appointment.  I was so nervous, I knew I was pregnant, I just wanted them to tell me everything was ok and going well.  I had been anxious about the appointment for a couple weeks and when the day came I was VERY excited.  Well, with my luck, my car wouldn't start that morning!  Rich had already left for work one hour away hours ago and I was stranded.  I was NOT going to miss this appointment!  I called my friend Nicole, who works with me about 10 minutes up the road, she came and picked me up.  (What a great friend!!)  I dropped her off at work and borrowed her car to go to the appointment.  When I got there, I was already 15 minutes late and I could not find a parking space ANYWHERE!  Pregnancy hormones were kicking in and I was sure I was going to start crying my eyes out :(  I was worried they would cancel my appointment because I was late.  So, needless to say, my blood pressure was through the roof when they took it.  That was their only concern, the doctor did an ultrasound and I was able to see our baby's little tiny heartbeat!  My own skipped a beat ♥  (About a week later I had my blood pressure checked again and it was excellent)


Laura 8 weeks pregnant
(I am not showing yet, I am just a little chubby LOL)


Baby's first picture



1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    Congratulations on both the baby and the marriage. That is so exciting! When I was pregnant for Bethany I bought three boxes of tests just to be sure :) It must be so hard for Susan to be so far away right now. Can't wait to keep reading.

    Much love-
    leneita

    ReplyDelete